Scrumptious Chocolate Granola Apple Wedges simply made in simply 10 minutes for the right after-school fall snack! Sliced apples layered with melted chocolate and sprinkled with home made granola!
Apple season is formally right here! And what higher option to take pleasure in them than with melty chocolate and crunchy granola?? Such a enjoyable snack that’s tremendous fast and straightforward to make that your youngsters (and also you!) are certain to like. I imply you’ll be able to principally name these ‘apple nachos’ and there are such a lot of enjoyable toppings you’ll be able to add like peanut butter, caramel sauce, chopped nuts, shredded coconut, the chances are countless. This easy little snack is definitely one of many first recipes I ever posted on my weblog over 12 years in the past so I assumed I might replace the photographs and share simply in time for fall and for all the youngsters going again to highschool!
Elements You may Want
- Apples – I personally love honeycrisp apples, however any sort of apples will do!
- Chocolate chips – I used Lily’s chocolate chips that are sweetened with stevia making the sugar content material actually low and so they style scrumptious! You can additionally after all use common chocolate chips, however the sugar content material might be a lot increased.
- Coconut oil – I like mixing in a little bit coconut oil when melting chocolate as a result of it makes the chocolate a little bit thicker and actually helps create that good shell when it hardens with out affecting the style
- Selfmade granola – that is my tremendous simple maple cinnamon granola recipe and be happy so as to add in some chopped nuts, shredded coconut and extra spices. Alternatively, you might additionally use your favourite store-bought granola.
Assemble Chocolate Granola Apple Wedges
That is actually as simple because it appears to be like! Reduce two apples into a number of wedges and prepare the slices on a plate or platter. Soften chocolate chips and a little bit coconut oil, mixing properly, and drizzle over high of the apple slices. Prime with home made granola and so they’re able to serve! Your youngsters will completely love this and could have enjoyable assembling the apples with you. Professional tip: Squeeze a little bit lemon (or lime) juice over high of the apple slices after slicing them to stop them from browning.
Different Enjoyable Toppings
- Swap out the melted chocolate for caramel sauce (strive my scrumptious salted caramel!)
- Drizzle on some peanut butter, almond butter or any favourite nut butter (you might additionally combine in a little bit honey or maple syrup for some added sweetness!)
- Sprinkle on a little bit cinnamon or different heat spices
- Chopped nuts akin to pecans, walnuts, peanuts, and so on. and I additionally extremely suggest toasting them for much more taste!
- You can additionally add some shredded coconut, chocolate chips, crushed pretzels, or sunflower seeds
- Make them festive with some enjoyable sprinkles for a pop of colour that your youngsters will love
Extra Apple Recipes You may Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Complete Time: 10 minutes
- Organize apple slices on a plate, put aside. (To forestall them from browning, squeeze a little bit lemon juice over high).
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, soften the chocolate chips and coconut oil in 15 second intervals, mixing properly, till chocolate is melted and clean.
- Drizzle chocolate over the apple slices and high with granola. Serve and luxuriate in!
- Serving Dimension: 1/2 recipe
- Energy: 284
- Sugars: 21.7 g
- Sodium: 25.8 mg
- Fat: 13.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 9.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 43.9 g
- Fibers: 13.3 g
- Proteins: 3.5 g
* Please observe that every one diet info are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.